You are required to submit a scholarly paper in which you will
identify, describe, research, and apply the concepts that underlie
your personal philosophy for professional nursing practice.
This will help you identify your own values and beliefs about the established metaparadigms and metatheories of the discipline. It will also help you identify and articulate concepts relevant to your specific practice. This paper is intended to be an exercise in clarification and organization of your professional foundation. You are also required to provide a list of assumptions from personal nursing practice that illustrate the concepts and framework of your theory.
Your paper should follow a format that includes:
• Nursing Autobiography: A brief (1 page) discussion of your background in nursing.
• The Four Metaparadigms: Identification, discussion, and documentation from the literature of your perspective on the basic four metaparadigms/concepts of patient, nurse, health, and environment.
• Two Practice-Specific Concepts: Identification, discussion, and documentation from the literature of your perspective on at least two other concepts specific to your own practice.
• List of Propositions: A numbered list of at least five propositions or assumption statements that clearly connect the concepts described.
Consider the following questions as you complete your various tasks related to this assignment.
1. How do I define and employ the four basic metaparadigms of nursing theory in my professional practice?
2. What are the major concepts I employ that are unique to my professional practice?
3. What philosophies and theories from the literature of nursing and other disciplines/domains are consistent with these concepts?
4. How are the concepts of transcultural nursing, the health promotion model, skill acquisition, role theory, and change theory specifically integrated into my philosophy and practice?
5. What research supports these theories and concepts?
6. How do I integrate role and change theory into my professional practice and how may these theories be applied to the organization in which I practice?
Is this the question you were looking for? Place your Order Here
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.