Consider the following questions as you examine organized sports programs for young children. Identify one advantage of organized sports, or one disadvantage and formulate an argument based on your position on the issue. You may base your response on one of the questions / issues listed below, or identify your own.
- Who are generally the people who coach and/or maintain the sports program?
- What physical benefits can be accrued for young children involved in these programs?
- What benefits would children accrue relative to their personality/character?
- What expense do these sports have on the families?
- How are the programs funded? What are the pros and cons of having children raise funds for these sports?
- What are typical injuries that can be expected in sports for children?
- What are the long-range benefits/detriments to these programs?