In this discussion, you will share your “culture” with classmates. Instead of writing paragraphs to accomplish this task, we are going to make some digital art.
In a separate document, make a list of all the things that make up or describe your culture. There are lots of reflective ideas in this week’s readings (PDF FILE BELOW) to help you get started. A truly effective list will have 25 or more different descriptors… Think about all of the things that are obvious about you and then think about what’s below the surface. What elements of your culture can we not see by looking at you?
This weeks reading pages:
Cultures and Identity Development: Getting Infants and Toddlers Off to a Great Start, by Carol Brunson Day, pages 2-12
Prejudice, Bias, and Inequity in the Lives of Infants and Toddlers, by Louise Derman-Sparks, pages 13-24
Cultural Sensitivity in Caregiving Routines: The Essential Activities of Daily Living, Janet Gonzalez-Mena, pages 56-66
1. Visit ABCya.com to create a visual representation of your list.
2. After you follow the link, click the play arrow in the large box to get started.
3. Copy and paste your entire list.
4. Click on create.
5. You can customize your list by changing the color, shape, or font in any way you want.
6. Click on Menu and Save to download your artwork.
7. Upload your artwork here as your discussion response.
"Is this question part of your assignment? We Can Help!"
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.