This assignment requires you to read the book Diary of a Wormby Cronin, D. (2003). Which the text for the whole book is attached
Once you have read the text, use the Diary of a Worm Think Aloud Text (attached) document to complete the activity using the following steps:
- Read the Diary of a Worm text document marking spots that would be ideal to stop to model a comprehension strategy through a think aloud activity. (highlight the document)
- Insert your think aloud activity into the appropriate part of the text. (attached an activity)
- Write the words you would use with your early childhood students.
- Identify the name of the comprehension strategy you are modeling.
- Include all six of the evidence-based strategies for beginning readers.
Here are the links from the this week's lessons but can look elsewhere.
**Please follow Rubric and answer all portions in the
Strategies for Reading Aloud to Young Children
Three types of Within Words Spelling Patterns
Research Behind the Big Six
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.